Now, fully automatic weapons aren’t the type of thing (at least not for us) that you just roll into your local gun shop and say “yeah, I’ll take two!” We are on a budget just like most other gun loving Americans and throwing 10-12K and higher into all that is required to own this fine hardware isn’t exactly in my checking account. Luckily, we met this cool guy named Lars from Ümlaut Industries right here in our home state who offered to let us play with his cool toys.
We actually got all four of the guys together for a great day on the range with Lars and a lot of his toys and products. This was one of my favorite projects we worked on with Lars and it was a blast to run this rifle all day. You can check out Ümlaut Arms online, he has some fantastic products for his company and deals with a seemingly endless amount of other products as well.
Here is the rundown of what’s on this rifle, or recipe list for awesome, your call. Basically, you can buy a nice mid-size sedan for the price tag which made it even more of a privilege to shoot.
- Mfg: Umlaut Industries
- Model: U4 Berserker
- Caliber: 5.56x45mm
- Action: Safe, Semi, Full Auto
- Barrel: 11.5″ Cold Hammer Forged 1:7T Chrome Lined
- Handguard: Daniel Defense Omega X 10.0
- Grip: Magpul MOE
- Stock: Magpul STR
- Muzzle: AAC Breakout Mount – 51 tooth
- Suppressor: Advanced Armament Corp – Mini-4 5.56mm
- Optics: Aimpoint Micro T1 with ADM Mount + Aimpoint Magnifier with Samson Flip to Side Mount
- Illumination: Surefire M600C LED Scout Light
- Weight: 6.9lbs
Special thanks to Lars at Ümlaut Industries for hanging out with us at the range!